In this episode of TheEdTalks I interview pediatrician and author Dr. Paul Thomas, who dives deep into vaccine territory, a place where many other specialists that I’ve spoken with have strong views about, but do not feel comfortable publically expressing their opinions because of possible negative consequences. Dr. Paul is extremely well researched and follows a personalized approach when it comes to vaccinations in his own practice, Integrative Paediatrics. This is a Dr. who is not totally against vaccines but rather wants to empower people so that they can make better informed decisions for their particular situation. Everyone is different and just because one side of the vaccine camp says you shouldn’t vaccinate or the other side says you should vaccinate is not a reason to do so. The focus needs to shift to what best suites your particular situation and that of your child and a lot of what Dr. Paul delivers in this talk just makes common sense. His book “The Vaccine Friendly Plan” is a wealth of information that’s useful from pregnancy until your kid's teen years.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Is there any association between vaccines and autism
- Why the HepB vaccine is not a great idea for infants in the USA, Australia or Western Europe
- The impact of aluminum (aluminium) as found in vaccines on brain health
- The conflict of what the FDA recommends is safe for Aluminum exposure and levels contained in vaccines
- The implications of the adjuvant induced syndrome called ASIA
- The findings of a study comparing the health of vaccinated kids versus non vaccinated kids
- The vaccine friendly plan that has been working in Dr. Paul’s practice
- The findings from a study conducted in Dr. Paul’s practice involving over 1000 children
- The power of true informed consent
- Whether or not the Polio and Rotavirus vaccines are necessary in the developed world
- The risks associated with not taking certain vaccines
- Why herd immunity needs to be looked at case by case
- The implications of not being vaccinated in California and Australia
- Why it’s not a great idea to take acetaminophen (paracetamol) for fever or pain.
- Why Dr. Paul believes the pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine is a bad idea for pregnant women
- What cocooning is and how it has been shown to reduce infant mortality
- What factors to weigh up when considering the pertussis vaccine
- Why Dr. Paul believes it is safer to give the MMR vaccine after 3 years of age
- Why separating the MMR and varicella vaccines seems a safer option
- How to have a healthy immune system
- Vitamins that Dr. Paul suggests you should supplement with
- Why Brazil nuts can help to mitigate the toxic effects of vaccines
- The warning signs to look out for in child behavior to stop vaccinations
- How the MTHFR enzyme may increase the risk of developing Autism
- Why you should avoid the multi dose flu shot
- Why pregnant women should avoid flu shots
- The possible connection between vaccines, allergies and autoimmune conditions
- Five things Dr. Paul suggests that can help us feel more energized.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links which help me pay the bills for The Ed Talks at no extra cost to you.
Quote of the day:
"The will to succeed is important, but what’s more important is the will to prepare."
Intro and outro song “Pluto Transit” by Aquaman's Lab
Help Spread the Word!
Thanks for listening to this episode of TheEdTalks. What are your thoughts about the current vaccine schedule in your country? Share your views with us here or on our Facebook Page.
If you haven’t already, please take a moment to leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes. This will really aid our mission to help mums and dads Feel Energized Again and make the world a Healthier & Happier place. Please use this AMAZON LINK when purchasing items online. It means we get a small commission (and you pay NO EXTRA) helping us pay for the podcast.
Click Here To Rate & Review TheEdTalks